Edualdo will be a demand driven community platform for high school teachers in the Netherlands that facilitates knowledge exchange. It provides teachers the possibility to ask all kinds of questions, varying from concrete (“Does someone have a fun lesson about grammer for my English 1st class students?”) to the more abstract questions (“How do you facilitate change in your school?”).
The project started with a fuzzy problem that I have transformed into a simple and clear product. Especially the use of visual communication and prototyping helped to clarify both the teachers’ needs and the company’s vision. In the beginning of 2018 the product is going to be developed further into a scalable product.
Due to confidentiality of the project, no more details can be provided.
The project Edualdo is part of a bigger project called Leerling 2020. For more information, please visit www.leerling2020.nl. Why I think this is a cool project?
- it is a project with an impact in a fundamental sector; education.
- it has a strong focus on community building, contributing to a movement of change.
- it deals with many stakeholders with different interests (from teachers to politics).
- I had to work with a combination of non profit and commercial clients.
- a lot of responsibility as product owner, both on content and finance.
- I could gain a lot of knowledge in web development and online tools.